Dovecote Green Primary School, located at Dubai Investments Park, provides a primary education to a very small community of 170 pupils.
The school is managed by Evolvence Education, part of Evolvence Knowledge Investments – owners of Repton (just rated Outstanding in the latest KHDA inspection 2015-2016) and Foremarke.
We are a community school that has been described by parents as a 'wonderful small British school with a fantastic community spirit'.
Dovecote Green Primary School is currently the only UK curriculum school within the DIP area.
The school provides a British education for pupils from FS1 to Year 6. As the school grows we have the capacity to educate up to 550 pupils.
All teachers have a teaching degree or BA with PGCE or equivalent.
There is a footpath linking the school to Green Community West to enable children to walk from their homes, as we encourage families to walk and cycle to school.
Dovecote Green is selective on intake clearly focusing on ability, and streams subjects for different abilities to tailor material and teaching for those who may need more time, as well as for those talented and gifted children within a subject that grasp the concepts more quickly. The school covers “all National Curriculum subjects and set high standards in all.”
Dovecote Green is closely linked to Repton senior school. Its aim is to teach the children to finish year 6 at the required standard to pass the Repton entrance exam.
Facilities at the school are excellent, offering an attractive and ‘bright’ environment for learning. The school is set on a large plot of land, part of which is ripe for further development and expansion. The corridors are wide and bright – unlike many schools, there is natural light throughout the building.
To the side of the main block is a very spacious indoor sports hall, and a multipurpose dance studio. There are two outdoor swimming pools – a 20 metre pool and a Toddler pool. There are several spacious, covered, shaded play areas with artificial grass within the school grounds, which is a beautiful environment for the children to learn in. Two of the areas have fantastic play equipment for the children to enjoy.
Extra-curricular activities offered by the school include football, swimming, dance, martial arts and yoga. Teacher led extracurricular activities are free to all the pupils.
Dovecote Green believes its strength lies in it “catering firmly for the ‘whole child’, developing each child’s thinking skills in order to become a successful 21st century learner. Even when it reaches full size, Dovecote will be a much smaller school than many found in Dubai which will appeal to parents seeking a
smaller, more homely environment. Class sizes will be set at around 20 pupils, and the focus of the school will be on educational quality and sports activities whilst developing strong links to the local community.
The school is in a good location for growth – just watch the area as Expo 2020 approaches, and with a very defined set of objectives, has been described as a 'school to watch'.
Autumn Term Fees
Spring Term Fees
Summer Term Fees
Total Tuition Fees
Please note that the above Tuition Fees are exclusive of transport and school uniforms.
Tuition fees also do not include the cost of any field trips, which shall be charged separately.
1. Registration Fee: AED 500
• This is a one-time, non-refundable payment and must be paid while submitting the registration Form.
• It is required in order for the school to process your application.
2. Assessment Fee: AED 1000
• This is a one-time, non-refundable payment which must be paid prior to your child being invited for assessment.
• It is required in order for the school to carry out an assessment for your child.
3. Facilities Fees: AED 5000
• This is a one-time only non-refundable Facilities Fee of AED 5000 per child.
• The Facilities Fee is currently discounted for those students Joining for the 2016-2017 batch.
4. Acceptance Fee (for New Students): -
• For new students, and according to the Schools Fees Framework, the school will charge parents up to 30% of the total fee amount to be paid within ten (10) days of the issuing of the acceptance letter.
•This is a non-refundable deposit which must be paid upon enrollment and is subsequently adjusted against (deducted from) your child’s first term’s tuition fees
• It is required in order to secure your child’s place at Dovecote Green Primary School and enroll in the school.
• The Acceptance Fee payment must be received by the school no later than 10 days from the date on your offer letter. Should this fee not be received in the specified time frame, the school’s offer of a place for your child will lapse and will be free to allocate this place to another child.
• Please be aware that the Acceptance Fee is in accordance with KHDA guidelines.
Parents are requested to remit three cheques at the time of acceptance of place. Payments are divided into three installments of 40%, 30% and 30%, less the initial deposit.
Autumn Term Cheque: 40% of tuition fees - cheque dated 1st September 2016
Spring Term Cheque: 30% of tuition fees - cheque dated 1st January 2017
Summer Term Cheque: 30% of tuition fees - cheque dated 1st April 2017
5. Re-Registration Fee (for Existing Students): -
• For returning students, and according to the Schools Fees Framework, the school will charge up to 10% of the total fee amount to be paid within the time frame specified by the school:
• This amount is non-refundable unless the family has to move outside the Emirate of Dubai before the start of the academic year.
• The school reserves the right to ask for proof that the family is moving outside the Emirate of Dubai such as an acceptance offer from another school situated outside Dubai.
• This amount is deductible from the first term of the academic year.
6. Early Payment Discount:-
An early settlement rebate of 5% is applicable if the tuition fees are paid in full within one week of the date of the offer.
For more details, please contact the Admissions Office.
Boys and girls are admitted to Dovecote Green Primary School from 3 years old. In September 2016, classes will be open for Nursery (FS1), Reception (FS2), Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4,Year 5 and Year 6.
We offer the National Curriculum for England, which we extend and apart as necessary for the region. Our curriculum is academically demanding and designed to extend and challenge our pupils. As a British curriculum school, after the Foundation years (Nursery and Reception or FS1 and FS2) Dovecote Green follows the British system which eventually finishes at Year 13.
Dovecote Green does not offer English language support and all pupils must be fluent in English (at a level appropriate to their age) and able to access our entire curriculum in English.
As part of the admissions process, we assess each child. We also invite all prospective parents to meet with the Headmaster, Mr Patrick Affley.
The school year runs from September to June but we are able to admit pupils through the year if places are available, subject to The Knowledge and Human Development Agency (KHDA) regulations. Thus when places are offered during the year, we can only offer places that start within the dates listed below:
Moving within Dubai from a different curriculum:
1st September to end of the school year
Moving from outside Dubai from a different curriculum:
1st September to 15th November
Moving from outside Dubai from an English curriculum or from a curriculum that has no equivalent curriculum school in Dubai:
1st September to 5th May
All prospective parents need to complete a Registration Form, which constitutes the basis of your application to Dovecote Green Primary School. Along with the Registration Form you will need to submit a copy of your child’s passport and a copy of their latest school report which shows the year group in which they have been studying.
There is a non-refundable registration fee of AED500.
For tuition fee details please click Tuition Fees
Please note that there is a section on the registration form which asks for details of any medical condition, disabilities or leaning difficulties. You must disclose any factor which may affect your child’s ability to cope independently within the normal school situation. If your child has learning difficulties and has an IEP, this must be presented as part of the application. Failure to disclose any learning difficulties or medical conditions at the time of application may result subsequently in a place being withdrawn. Any offer made by the school is subject to being able to meet the individual needs of the child.
Our Admissions Officer, Ms. Sheena George, is more than happy to explain the form and the other information required. Please contact us on +971 4 883 7474 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org